Tuesday, June 7, 2011

It Really Is The Humidity

Ok, even though today was literally 102 in the shade it didn't feel as bad to me as the day of the storm not quite a month ago. The temperatures were not as high that day but the humidity sure was.

Today's humidity felt relatively low, making the 102 more bearable. Still hotter than blazes, but (and I never thought I'd say this about Minnesota) a relatively dry heat (says the girl who didn't have to do any physical labor in said heat today).

Am I just making that up? Did six heavily hot and humid summers in Pennsylvania mess with my inner thermostat, so that everything feels less humid by comparison? Or was the humidity really not so bad today?


Incidentally, same rules apply when it's cold. Pennsylvania never physically got as cold as Minnesota but the humidity sticks around for the winter so it always felt colder, at least to me. Probably also why Mark Twain said the coldest winter he ever experienced was the summer he spent in San Francisco. :)

No comments: