Monday, June 27, 2011

Homoscedasticity

This was the million dollar word learned in statistics this morning. It is an underlying assumption of regression analysis that means there is uniformity of variance over the measures of independent variables.

Please do not ask me to explain it any further than that, I'm not entirely sure I understand all the other big words in that definition yet. :)

What I do know is, this morning began week 4 of this class and at this point even the inanimate objects in the room are getting punchy.

First the fan blew out its motor, making the place reek of burnt rubber and plastic. Then Churho's computer spontaneously began addressing us in Korean and it took a while to get it to stop.

I say when the machines are giving it up, it's time to call it a day.

1 comment:

Mary Hess said...

I'm smiling! At least you're keeping your sense of humor in the midst of it.