Saturday, June 25, 2011

Can't Go Back Now

Well, my old template is no longer available so I hope I don't regret changing to this new one.

On the whole I Iike it - a wall full of books would be a good graphic to depict ANY point in my life, really, but is especially appropriate during this journey through PhDland.

And on the whole I like the look of this font, it feels like it fits the type of musings I most often put up here, and I LOVE that it's called "Covered By Your Grace." I do worry it might be a little difficult to read (though my actual handwriting is also kind of difficult to read, so that too is oddly appropriate), and I don't like how hard it is to tell whether I've put anything in italics. Perhaps I'll have to find a new way to emphasize particular words, like using bold or CAPITALIZING. Mal sehen. . .

Feedback is welcome.

2 comments:

Cat's Staff said...

Nice colors. The font's a little hard to read, but it's okay. You could say you're trying to encourage disfluency so people remember what you write. Tell them there will be a quiz later.

Diemand-Yauman, C., et al. Fortune favors the Bold (and the Italicized): Effects of disfluency on educational outcomes. Cognition (2010), doi:10.1016/j.cognition.2010.09.012

Mary Hess said...

Since I always read your blog in my news reader, I didn't even notice! But clicking through to see it, I agree with the previous commenter: the font is pretty hard to read in this format.