Saturday, July 30, 2011

Self-Imposed Exile

There are some stores that I should just know better than to go into - if I go into them, I'm not getting out of them without significant damage to my wallet.

The Electric Fetus is such a store.

I went in with three things on my list. Three things because if you buy at least 3 CDs there at once, you get a 10% discount on all of them. Which makes me feel not as bad about buying 3 CDs at once, because I'm saving money. . .erm. . .yeah, that's it, saving money by buying in bulk. . .

I was also hoping they could help me track down something else that I had heard and liked but am having trouble sourcing.

Turned out, they had only one of the three CDs I was looking for, and the guy I spoke with was useless in helping me track the other thing (I'm finding the upside of watching a Glee-esque German telenovela is that it's introducing me to some good new music; the downside is that the stuff I'm not familiar with is European and not so easy to get hold of here in the States).

But if you buy three CDs at Electric Fetus, you get a discount on all of them. And I had one lowly CD in hand.

So, I perused around a little, and found a lot more than 3 CDs I was interested in buying. And some of them were even on sale, at really good prices. And since they are CDs I'm ultimately going to buy anyway, I might as well get a good price on them, right?. . .

The moral of the story, kids, is that I've got a lot of great new music to listen to.

And I'm banishing myself from the Electric Fetus for at least the next six months.

Seriously - friends, public, if you see me in there before 2012 consider this your permission to drag me out of the store, by the ear if necessary.

No comments: