Sunday, September 14, 2008

SNL Opening 9/13/08

Man, I'm a busy little blogger tonight. This is the last post for today, I promise.

I adore Tina Fey. I think Saturday Night Live has suffered greatly since she left the show. I was particularly lamenting her absence after Palin was announced because they look a lot like each other - I was imagining all the incredible sketches and impersonations that wouldn't be happening this fall.

To my own and (I think) everyone's delight, she made a guest appearance on the opening sketch last night, and was spot on. See for yourself:



The sketch overall was excellent - tightly written and masterfully performed by both Poehler and Fey, and satirically bringing up a major rhetorical issue in this campaign and its coverage - the vast difference and inconsistencies in how we name things.

Rock, rock on, Tina Fey. And if you want to stop by for a few more impersonations this fall, I for one won't mind at all.

1 comment:

Diane M. Roth said...

thanks for posting this!