Monday, September 22, 2008

Coen Bros Trifecta

Guess where my dad is today? On the set of the new Coen brothers movie.

I'm not jealous, really I'm not.

Ok, maybe I am a little. He and my stepmom are into classic cars, and have a '68 Chevelle. Since the new movie is set in the late '60s, they need lots of stuff from that era to create the appropriate atmosphere. Hence, my dad gets to hang out on the set while the car serves as a set piece. There is a chance he may get suited up in period dress and serve as an extra as well, lucky bugger.

He says it's fascinating to see everything that goes into making the magic happen onscreen, and that's the part I'm envious of - the chance to see how a movie is actually made, in general, and in particular, to watch how these two geniuses work.

Now I really can't wait for this next one to come out!

No comments: