Friday, April 1, 2011

April Fools

Sojourners didn't send out an April Fools email today, or if they did, I didn't get it. . .they've gotten me the last two years, I bought it hook, line, and sinker (last year's joke was that they finally got Glenn Beck to agree to a debate with Jim Wallis; I don't remember two years ago but they got me with that one too).

Which means the best April Fools joke I experienced today was the Twins opening performance tonight. Very funny losing 13-3 to Toronto, boys, such a non-auspicious beginning for the team that's going to win the 2011 World Series, you've got me rolling on the floor with that one. Tomorrow we're going to get serious, right?

Right???

Honorable mention goes to Donald Miller for this review of Love Wins.


In what is totally not a joke but complete awesomeness, Bryce and Lily's baby sister was born today. I'm not usually one to cry tears of joy, but as soon as I got the picture text of the beautiful Zaylie Faye, the tears just came and they only stopped because I had to collect myself for the AAR/SBL regional meeting. Welcome to the world, baby girl - you cannot fathom how glad we are that you are here!

No comments: