Wednesday, July 8, 2009

All Kfunned Out


(View from Ferris Wheel)

Took the Youth Group to Knoebels today (the "k" is not silent, as in knowledge; nor Norskified, as in Kjetil; it is hard and pronounced, as in k-nobles). It's a nice amusement park - clean, safe, reasonably priced, and best of all, no entrance fee. You pay-per-ride or buy a day-long unlimited bracelet/handstamp, but if you're not big on rides, you don't waste money just to get in and hang with your friends. Additionally nice - they have plenty of food for sale there but you can also pack a picnic and bring it with you into the park.


(Another View from Ferris Wheel)

I'm not much for rides, so I brought a book with and figured I'd be the designated stuff-watcher, but even I found plenty of rides that were more my speed: the Giant Swing (here: Italian Trapeze), the Scrambler (here: Merry Mixer), the Carousel, the Ferris Wheel, the Antique Cars, the Bumper Cars, the Train, and the Flume.

Digression: the flume I grew up with at Valleyfair has one large drop. This one has two, which girl genius figured out about 3/4 of the way up the climb for the first, realizing that plunge off to my right - the only one you can see when you wait in line for the ride - was not what we were currently headed for. "There are TWO flumes on this thing?" I cried out to no one in particular. The kids turned around and smiled at me, "Yeah. You didn't know that?" "No." WHOOSH!

A long, full day of fun was had by all. And now PC is ready to:



'knight,
C.

No comments: