Saturday, November 29, 2008

Minnesota's Pain on Ice

The title of this was supposed to be "How Do You Spell Hockey?" with the answer: M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A! Unfortunately, the curse not only abides, it appears to extend to all MN athletic events which I attend.

Dad and I went to the Gopher game last night and watched them get spanked by Michigan, in spite of several power plays to our advantage. We lost two players to injury in the first period, and it just wasn't Kangas' night in front of the net.

Ah well. . .at least I got to watch the Gophers play (which is impossible in PA, even on TV), and it was still an exciting game to watch, and I got to do my favorite thing several times throughout the night (singing the rouser with a stadium full of people!), regardless of the final score. So all in all, it was a good night.

No comments: