Saturday, November 15, 2008

Da Cats

I've been cat-sitting all week, and of course, I love them each in their own unique way (even Lucy, for whom I've often offered to purchase a one-way ticket to California), and try to shower them with equal amounts of attention when I'm taking care of them. But I have to admit, I am a little partial to Jake - he's a total goofball and a glutton for attention, he will greet me at the door and follow me all through the house, throwing himself in front of my feet, until I rub his belly.

This is his favorite thing when he plays - to have a towel thrown over him. I think he thinks he's hiding, as in, he thinks no one can see him, even if he's in the middle of the floor. Like I said, a total, adorable goof.



Melvin is the gentle giant. Hard to believe now, but when he was rescued from the street, he fit in the palm of my hand and he was so emaciated you could see his every rib, poor little guy. I used to call him the grey ghost because there were some times when I'd watch them, I'd go almost all week without seeing head nor tail of him. But in the past year he's become more social, and this time he actually wanted to come cuddle with me on the couch.



And Lucy, well. . .we love Lucy. It's impossible to get a picture of her without her eyes glowing red, which confirms my suspicions that her full given name should be Lucifer :). But in all seriousness, she is a living example of good Lutheran theology - that in daily life we all need the right balance between structure and freedom (aka law and gospel), and with enough love and patience, even the most irascible, issue-laden, and seemingly irredeemable can be transformed. This is her favorite spot, from whence she can survey her realm in peace and evade sneak attacks by the boys.




Happy Weekend,
C.

No comments: