Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Curse Abides

The Twins have lost every game that I have watched in person or on TV since the post- season of 2006. I was really hoping they'd break this streak last night when Dad, Brenda, and I went to the Dome - they've been pretty hot lately, and they were playing the A's, which is who they were playing when my apparent curse upon them began, so it would be very fitting to turn it around with the same team.

Alas, 'twas not to be. Between a homeplate umpire that had it out for us and some seriously goofball fielding (honestly, sometimes it looked like Larry, Moe, and Curly were playing last night) the curse abides. Argh.

On a happier note, big shout out to Dad for teaching me a much better route to bike to Lake Harriet this morning - only one stoplight and significantly lesser amounts of traffic, potholes, and hills with which to contend. Woot.

Now back to my regularly scheduled vacay. . .

No comments: