Thursday, July 31, 2008

It's Too Darn Hot

This is why I hate summer.

Well, maybe hate is too strong a word. "Strongly dislike" summer is a more appropriate descriptor.

You can always pile on more layers to keep warm. And in a worst case scenario, hypothermia's not an altogether bad way to go.

There's only so much that decency will allow you to strip down to, and you can get to the point of indecency and still be uncomfortable (and have trouble breathing to boot). Plus, dehydration and heat stroke are both crummy ways to check out, if you ask me.

In other local news, this conscientious rogue recycler is ecstatic that the new recycling center in Milton will actually take paperboard (as in, cereal boxes). I bet they'll also take #1 and #2 plastic even if it's not shaped like a bottle. Recon is needed, but if it is true, you know what that means: buh-bye recycling Nazi (he's gotten particularly eagle-eyed this summer - I'm afraid to try putting any non-bottle shaped stuff in anymore)!

The other recent excitement in the borough was a black bear who "wandered out of his habitat" to rummage through dumpsters downtown. On my way to the bank yesterday afternoon, I noticed a large crowd (including a Daily Item reporter) had gathered by the fire company, and the police had the roads to it blocked off, and there was an inordinant number of people milling about the streets of downtown in general. Now I know why. Hopefully the authorities returned this Pooh bear to the correct Hundred Acre Wood, or I imagine he'll be awfully lonely without his pals!

No comments: