Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Cities Sampler Volume 20

In honor of the 20th anniversary, the Sampler is going to be a double disc this year, which means it's probably going to be totally awesome and nearly impossible to get your hands on a copy. The copyright folks only permit Cities97 to press so many copies every year, and it used to be you could get a copy of the Sampler (always released mid-Novemberish) up to the week before Christmas. But a tipping point came when I was in seminary, and now on the day of the release you pretty much have to be in line before Target opens in order to snag a copy - they'll sell out within half an hour of the store's opening.

This makes it especially challenging for someone who lives in PA to get a hold of one of these CDs. :) This past year's sampler was really good, so I had both parents on the job. I was completely annoying, calling them both about an hour before Target would open in MN and asking them to try and get me a copy (interestingly, both of them reacted the same way to my early morning call: "You're serious???" "C'mon, for Christmas," I pleaded). I figured Flaketown would be less busy and mom would easily score a CD, but surprisingly, they sold out before Edina, where dad was victorious.

But I digress. . .my original point in writing this was to say that Cities97 is asking listeners to pick the cover for the upcoming volume 20. So go cast a vote. I'm personally a fan of number 3 (though 2 is also not bad).

Peace,
C.

No comments: