Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Three Degrees of Lutheration



A bit of housekeeping. . .

I keep trying to get this picture added to my profile, but I'm having a hard time of it. I've followed the directions in the Blogger Help section, but it's still not working. If anyone more technically savvy has words of advice, I'm all ears.

I also finally put some favorite movies, music, and books up in my profile today - then tonight discovered that if I click on one of those titles or names, it will show me who else on blogger listed that as a favorite.

I was a little surprised only 4 people in ALL of Blogger blogdom put _Lamb: The Gospel According to Christ's Childhood Friend Biff_ down as a favorite book. Although. . .it is rather irreverent. To fully enjoy it, it helps to have a slightly warped sense of humor, and you've absolutely got to be comfortable with a teenage Christ being, well, a teenager. But it's hilarious and insightful in a midrashic kind of way.

I was also surprised, when I clicked on Storyhill , the first name to come up was Scott Johnson , who was a year ahead of me at the seminary. Even more surprised to learn he had changed calls - last I knew, he was up in NW MN, but he's now a campus pastor in Ames, IA.

Further down the page was Meta Herrick - another fellow seminarian and Mary Hess advisee, who also happens to be an Ole, who also happens to be from the same home congregation as Breen (I think Breen may have taught Meta's confirmation class! - you know, "way back" in the 90s), who also happens to have preceded Jeni at the internship site in Sierra Vista.

Ah, what twisted webs we Lutherans weave. . .

No comments: