Friday, December 9, 2011

My Response to Perry's "Strong" Commercial

I was trying to think of an appropriate response to Rick Perry's most recent commercial, and consequently wrote this facebook status a couple hours ago.  It's getting a lot of traction over there, so I thought I might as well share it with the rest of the world on here:

I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm a Christian, but you don't need to be in the pew every Sunday to know there's something wrong with the body of Christ when the good news of God's overwhelming love and desire to be in relationship with us is leveraged, not to liberate and reconcile the world, but to stir up fear and resentment in pursuit of political gain.

Happy Holidays everyone!  Some day when I'm not swamped with homework I will get back to blogging. :)






No comments: